Motibindu Treatment in Pune
WHAT IS CATARACT?
A cataract is a condition in which the vision gets blurry because of the cloudiness in the eyes. It is mostly found in older humans and can affect one or both of your eyes. The cloudiness in the eyes leads to a barrier in the passing of light through the eye and reaching the retina.
How are Cataracts Diagnosed and Treated?
A comprehensive eye examination by Om Eye Care optometrist can determine if you have a cataract. In the early stages of a cataract, where vision is only minimally affected, your optometrist can prescribe new lenses for your glasses to give you the sharpest vision possible. When cataracts start to interfere with your daily activities and glasses cannot improve this vision, your optometrist will refer you to an Eye Surgeon who may recommend the surgical removal of cataracts.
Treatment Options for Cataract By
Cataract Surgeon in Pune ( Dr.Anand Palimkar)
The purpose of your lens is to refract the light rays that come into the eye to help you see. For this, the eye lens should be clear, but when a person has a cataract, it becomes difficult to see clearly due to the formation of the cataract i.e the cloudy substance. Having a cataract can be like looking through a foggy or dusty car windshield. Things may look blurry, hazy or less colorful. The only way to remove a cataract is with surgery.
Om Eye Care located in Viman Nagar & Vishrantwadi, Pune will recommend removing a cataract only when it keeps you from doing things you want or needs to do. During cataract surgery, your cloudy natural lens is removed and replaced with a clear artificial lens called an Intraocular Lens(IOL) in which The surgeon makes a tiny incision on the side of the cornea, removes the eye’s clouded natural lens after dissolving it by using a procedure known as Phacoemulsification and then replaces it with an artificial ‘Intraocular Lens’ (IOL).
Symptoms of Cataract
There are various symptoms which promote cataract and if you have any of these it is recommended to visit your Cataract Surgeon in Pune
- Blurry or Cloudy Vision
- Poor Night Vision
- Light Sensitive vision where light may seem too bright and may appear to look halo around the light
- Double or Multiple vision (This symptom may go away as the cataract increases
- One may need frequent changes in glasses or contact lenses
- Second Sight – Because of Cataract getting accumulated in the eyes, the near vision becomes clearer without the help of the glass. This phenomenon is temporary and may with the accumulation of cataract, the eyesight may deteriorate Causes of Cataract.
- Ageing: One of the most common causes of cataract is ageing.
- Diabetes: High blood sugar level can lead to many eye problems
- Blood Pressure/Hypertension: In some cases, high blood pressure can impact the eyes and may cause cataracts
- Use of Steroids
- Trauma to the eye: Penetrating ocular injury may induce a cataract by puncturing the lens capsule
- Inheritance: Some inherited genetic disorders that cause other health problems can increase your risk of cataracts.
What Happens after Cataract Surgery?
During surgery old cloudy lens is removed and an intraocular lens implant is inserted in your eye, this serves as a ‘new lens’. Sometimes the lens implant can give you good enough distance vision that you may not require glasses. Your near vision will still be blurred, so you may need glasses to read. Om Eye Care optometrist will prescribe new lenses for your glasses about four weeks after surgery to maximize your distance and near vision.
Cataract surgery is a procedure to remove the lens of your eye and, in most cases, replace it with an artificial lens. Normally, the lens of your eye is clear. A cataract causes the lens to become cloudy, which eventually affects your vision.
Cataract surgery is performed by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) on an outpatient basis, which means you don’t have to stay in the hospital after the surgery. Cataract surgery can be done traditionally using ultrasound energy to remove the cloudy lens or it can be removed with laser-assisted technology. Cataract surgery is very common and is generally a safe procedure.